Monday, February 12, 2018

Backforty Wax Company Haul

  
    
  The frustration and struggle with my sinus congestion & headaches was just the thing to have me give into my “low buy” after finding a new to me vendor that offered headache and sinus relief melts a few weeks back.
  Backforty Wax Company is ran by a woman named Maren that is based out of Minnesota. Only a Golden Girls fan, particularly a Rose Nyland fan, will realize the significance of this detail and how awesome it is. Not to mention the company's name is too cute to boot!
  I am excited to share these products with you so let us dive right in.

    Included was a handwritten card thanking me for my order along with two of her business cards and a few samples. Not only did this vendor write a handwritten message but also emailed me letting me know that if I needed anything to just let her know. Moreover, shipping was incredibly fast at a reasonable $6.50 flat rate that was shipped after my order was placed on a Thursday evening and arrived early Saturday morning. It is the small details that really make a vendor stand out and that are really appreciated. Thank you again Maren.



  Sinus Ease Wax Brittle 4 oz. $4.50
A wonderful, cool, crisp camphor, eucalyptus and peppermint.
   The smell is very similar to Vicks which of course puts a smile on my face as I sniff into the bag. Nose clearing good!



Head Ease Wax Brittle 4 oz. $5.00
A wonderfully strong blend of peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils

  The strong, classic peppermint essential oil we are all familiar with, blended with a touch of eucalyptus and lavender sprigs to aid in soothing those pesky headaches.
   I enjoyed the fragrance of this so much that I ordered 8 more oz. of this to keep on hand as peppermint essential oils are the only fragrance that I can tolerate when headaches arise. The only thing I wish I could change is that the scent would stay as strong as it is the first 15-20 minutes that I put it on to melt. I may be able to remedy this with a warmer that doesn’t burn the oils off as fast as my Glades tend to do. 


Hello It’s Me Wax Shot $2.25
Notes of sparkling sea air and ozone fused with nuances of nougat, lilac, spicy saffron, fennel, moss & sandalwood, vanilla bean sugar, butter, cream, nutty, sweet.

  I'll admit.. I am a bit afraid to get my nose too close to this on account of all the loose glitter that came out when I opened the scent shot. Of what I can smell on cold I get a nutty sweet nougat and hints of butter and vanilla. 


Love Potion #9 Wax Brittle 4 oz. $4.50
An incredible iced champagne mixed with rich, sweet raspberry, cranberry, vibrant lime, kale, white fennel, lemon, cucumbers, yuzu and a touch of black pepper.

    I dare you to not sing the song. If you sang it while reading it, you lost!
  Love potion flew into my cart before I even had time to read the description. Is it silly to buy a melt simply on its name?? I think not!
    Once gazing upon the enchanting list of ingredients used to concoct this blend, it was unveiled to me that this would be a true winner. Boy was I right!!! Fruity, sweet and elegant without being overwhelming. Like a classy lady who still enjoys letting go and being wild at times. A blend too difficult to explain with its intoxicating fumes, You will have to just try it yourself!




Without You Wax Brittle 4 oz $4.50 Strawberry, rich and yummy white cake baked to perfection.

  What yumminess is this!? Smells exactly like a pot of Philisbury strawberry whipped icing with all its lickiable qualities and all. Just the smell of this will make you think you've eaten a tub of it and consumed several indulgent calories. 


The samples I recieved were in the scents Love Train, Baby Blue, Dust In The Wind and So Into You. 

All in all I was very happy with my orders and would recommend checking out this vendor. 
https://www.backfortywaxco.com/

Until Next Melt, 

5 comments:

  1. I did not sing Love Potion #9 but I did sing Hello, It's Me. Love that song! And I got a kick out of seeing so many scents named after songs I know and love. I definitely plan on ordering from this vendor, just have to get a few extra pennies set aside first. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Hello It's Me is another good one! And good, I can't wait to see what all you pick up.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your head and, uh, face (thanks, sinuses.) Both give me grief around this time of year, too. Actually kind of all the time. It's a complete drag, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new vendor! Fun! I like wax brittle in bags like that. Easy to grab a chunk and melt. I love that you bought a scent based on name alone. I need to be more adventurous like that. The glitter bombs are a bit much for me though. I must be old. Hope you are feeling better. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the brittle is so easy to melt! Really helps for when you just want to mindlessly reach into the bag and pop in the warmer to soothe a headache fast.
      Sadly I just had to throw the scent shot out because it was just WAY to much glitter and I knew I would never get that much glitter out of my warmer neither would I even try knowing the fact.

      Delete